“In the Saheeh Hadith Rasulullah (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) said: ‘In my Ummah there will be people who will change the name of liquor and consume it. They will publicly engage in music and singing. Allah Ta’ala will cause the earth to swallow them. He will transform some of them into apes and swines.’ ”
Today the Ummah has not restricted this (changing of names to legalize prohibitions) to liquor, but they have extended it to other haraam acts as well. Prohibitions of the Shariah are painted in the hues of modernity, given other names and adopted without hesitation. They labour under the notion that by this stratagem they have escaped Divine apprehension. If these people reflect a bit, they will understand that instead of one sin, they have compounded it with another two sin. One is the sin of committing the prohibited act, and the second sin is the elimination of all regret and abstention from repentance.
Liquor is given fanciful names and legalized. Pictures are called photos and considered to be halaal. Ancient kinds of musical instruments are replaced by modern instruments which are said to be lawful. Riba is termed profit (dividend, etc.) and legalized. Bribery is described as a service charge and considered lawful. “The complaint is lodged with Allah. There is no strength and no power but with Allah, The High, The Mighty.”
[Hadhrat Mufti Shafi, Aalaat-e-Jadeedah (Modern Instruments)]
The layman does not have the ability to appreciate and understand fully the intricacies of ijtihaad which lead to the rulings that have been transmitted to us through the four Madh-habs. However, every layman has been granted sufficient intellectual capacity to understand the explanations of the Ulama-e-Haqq (true Ulama) whom Allah (azza wa jal) will always employ to expose the devious arguments of the deviant groups who today are attempting to legalise such matters as music, pictures of animate objects, alcohol, interest, mass genocide of civilians, dancing, etc.
Moreover, by becoming aware of the devious, spurious and absolutely bizarre arguments used to legalise such prohibitions, the layman can then acquire an appreciation of the divine promise to make the Haqq clear from Baatil via the agency of the Ulama-e-Haqq – such Ulama whose numbers will eventually dwindle to a select few, and who will remain unscathed by the deluge of deviances that will increasingly overrun the Ummah as it fast approaches the End of Times.
The salient qualities of the Ulama-e-Haqq are Taqwa, Wara, Zuhd, and Ittiba-e-Sunnah – abstinence from the dunya, the doubtful matters, much of the permissible matters, and of the greatest importance, steadfast adherence to the Sunnah of Nabi (sallallahu alayhi wasallam). All the Sahabah (radhiayallahu anhum), the Salaf-us-Saliheen, the Mujaddids (Revivers of the Deen), and the Fuqaha of every age, were men known for their Ittiba-e-Sunnah, Taqwa, Wara’ and Zuhd – qualities that are invariably and absolutely inextricably linked with the divinely bestowed, correct Knowledge (Ilm) and Understanding (Fahm) of the Deen.
Such qualities are the only objective qualities with which the simple layman can easily differentiate the Ulama-e-Haqq from the Ulama-e-Soo (evil Ulama) particularly in an age in which there exists an unprecedented preponderance of Ulama-e-Soo and those influenced by them. All other standards of measurement and differentiation are subjective and fail completely in performing such a vital function. The degree of proximity of our age to the End of Times is easily gauged by posing the simple question:
How many Ulama today approach remotely close to the standards of Ittiba-e-Sunnah, Zuhd, Taqwa and Wara set by the past Fuqaha, without which acquiring the Noor of Knowledge (Ilm) is impossible?
As long as the masses fail to recognise the Haqq, and continue to fall victim to the devious arguments of the modernist deviants, and those Ulama influenced by them, the Ummah will continue to wallow in its current state of abject humiliation, disgrace, and subjugation – a state imposed upon the Ummah by none other than Allah (azza wa jal) for its obstinate reluctance to submit to the pure religion uncorrupted by deviations.
Only a group of sincere believers who are ready to submit themselves wholeheartedly to every aspect of the Deen, no matter how bitter and Ghareeb the rulings of the Deen become, will be deserving of the Nusrat (Divine Assistance) of Allah (azza wa jal) without which any resuscitation of this delapidated Ummah is beyond hope.
A few examples of immutable rulings of the pure pristine Deen that have already become completely Ghareeb (lone, forlorn, strange) today, or have been overturned widely are:
1) The prohibition of all animate pictures regardless of the pen, paint, electrical signals, or any other means used to construct such images. The primary spurious argument proffered by the modernists is that pictures constructed by electrical signals are no longer pictures!
2) The prohibition of all music regardless of the use of wind, string, electrical noises, or any other means used to construct such melodies. Just one typical spurious argument proffered by the modernists is that music constructed by electrical means is no longer music!
3) The prohibition of consuming food or drink containing an added ingredient that would intoxicate in large amounts. The Fatwa of all Four Madh-habs from the time of the Salaf has been that, “Whatever intoxicates in large amounts is Haraam in small amounts.” By the devious and spurious logic of those who permit trace amounts of added alcohol, it will also be perfectly permissible to add to some food or drink, a few drops of whisky, vodka, or any other beverage constructed from so-called ‘Halaal’ alcohol. Furthermore, since the Shariah, for them, does not specify how large or small the ‘trace’ amount needs to be, by such spurious arguments, anyone is free to add more than a few drops if required.
4) The prohibition of abandoning the Shari’ requirement of Ru’ya (physical sighting of the moon), or submitting to the testimony of the criminal and Fussaaq Saudi government with regards to starting the new lunar month.
5) The prohibition of targeting women, children and babies for ‘Jihaad’. The simple but powerful modernist argument is that the Prophet’s (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) prohibition of killing innocent civilians is qualified and conditioned by the verse of the Qur’an: “And whoever transgresses against you, then transgress against them the like of what they have transgressed against you.” [Surah al-Baqarah] For more modernist ploys to legalise such catastrophic rulings that are gaining increasing acceptability in many circles as ‘valid difference of opinion’ see: http://reliablefatwas.
For the sake of brevity, we will cease mentioning the many more examples that the deviated sects, and those influenced by their arguments, have been successful in proliferating widely.
Is Being ‘Lone’ a Criterian for Error?
A ruling being ‘lone’ is never a criterian for determining error or rarity (Shaaz). According to the Ahadith, the whole of Islam will become increasingly Ghareeb (lone, forlorn, strange) as we move further away from the time of the Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wasallam). Islam’s appearance as a rare and strange concept in its age of forlornness (Ghurbat) is not a sign of it being error.
One only needs to observe how rapidly the view of permissibility of digital photography transformed from being a complete anomaly in conflict with the ruling of all the Akaabir (senior) Ulama who were present during the time such technology had become prevalent, into one that now seems to be held by the majority of the new generation of Ulama. It is quite apparent now that the ruling of prohibition of photography will soon become a completely isolated ‘lone’ opinion that conflicts against the so-called “Ijma” of contemporary and recent Ulama of this belated age.
There is absolutely no aspect of the Shariah that is spared from interpolation by the modernists whose woefully corrupt ijtihaad is dictated by their violently fluctuating desires – desires that also contain, whenever possible, ample room to accommodate an ingrained fetish to boot-lick and make the religion as palatable as possible to the western colonizers of their minds.
Those scholars who wish to avoid submitting themselves to the official rulings of the Four Madh-habs, by scavenging for ‘minority opinions’ and rare obscurities, or seeking to revise rulings using such satanic ploys as ‘modern needs’, feel recklessly free to mould their very own religion – a religion that contains the scope to legalise virtually everything palatable to everyone’s taste-buds.
Our only request is that such modernist-influenced scholars do not deceive the masses by labelling such a religion as “Islam.”
Islam is only that which has been transmitted to us from the most blessed of generations via the divinely arranged compendium of rulings represented by the Four Madh-habs.
A STUDY OF A FEW GHAREEB RULINGS OF THE ULAMA-E-HAQQ
For now, we shall focus on fataawa and articles in elaboration of rulings that have already become Ghareeb, or fast on the way to becoming so, amongst the new generation of increasingly liberal ‘Deobandis’. The sincere reader is requested to study in detail the manner in which hitherto immutable rulings of the Deen have been overturned completely for the consumption of the gullible masses, as well as for gratifying the desires of the Ulama-e-Soo’.
“ISLAM BEGAN AS SOMETHING GHAREEB
AND IT WILL RETURN TO BEING GHAREEB
SO BLESSED ARE THE GHURABAA (THE FORLORN ONES)!”
[Hadith narrated by Saheeh Muslim ]