[By Hazrat Maulana Ahmad Sadeq Desai]
In a bootlicking statement issued by Maulana Sayyid Arshad Madani of Jamiatul Ulama Hind, he has lauded praises and accolades on the American-puppet Saudi regime, and in particular King Abdullah. The Jamiatul Ulama Hind has split into two organizations due to irreconcilable differences between the two Madani Brothers. Hence, there are now two organizations both claiming the name Jamiatul Ulama Hind. The one Jamiatul Ulma Hind is headed by Maulana Arshad Madani who is an ardent, bootlicking supporter and devotee of King Abdullah. Thus, his bootlicking of the American puppet king comes as no surprise.
After glowingly praising the Saudi regime for hallucinated ‘Islamic’ services and projects, and for being a great ‘benefit’ to the Ummah, Maulana Arshad Madani went on to call on Muslims to refrain from criticizing the Saudi regime, and that the imagined ‘benediction’ of the Saudi regime should be acknowledged. In brief, Muslims have been called on to kowtow to King Abdullah and to believe and accept that the tyrant and anti-Islam king is a great and wonderful benefactor of the Ummah.
Such bootlicking of U.S.A. puppets and agents is quite evidently the function of Scholars for Dollars who are adept in the art of bootlicking and bootlegging – all under Deeni guise. Canvassing support for the Saudi regime, Maulana Arshad Madani says in his public statement that:
* “The service which the Saudi rulers have executed until this day and which is still continuing, is enabling all the Muslims of the world to hold their heads high (with pride and honour).”
* “The work which is done night and day for the comfort of the honourable Hujjaaj is unique, and it is proof for their (the Saudis’) religiosity.”
* “……It is incumbent on every sane Muslim to aid the Saudi rulers with their heart and life. They should not make them (the Saudi rulers) a target for criticism……”
* “I wish to clarify that this stance is not restricted to Jamiatul Ulama Hind, but is the stance of Darul Uloom Deoband and of innumerable institutions associated with it (i.e. with Darul Uloom Deoband).”
Each of the above statements disgorged by Maulana Arshad Sahib is toadyism and palpable bunkum designed to flatter and gain favour with the Saudi authorities. The bootlicking statement of Maulana Arshad Sahib in praise and support of the ZAALIM Saudi regime is typical procedure of Scholars for Dollars and Riyals. Their objective in life is bootlicking and bootlegging shamelessly executed in the name of the Deen. Maulana Suliman Nadwi of Nadwatul Ulama has issued an adequate public response to the bootlicking baatil of Maulana Arshad who heads one faction of Jamiatul Ulama Hind. The following is Maulana Suliman Nadwi’s rebuttal which has been translated from Urdu.
MAULANA SALMAN NADWI’S REBUTTAL
In his public statement, Maulana Salman Nadwi addressing Maulana Arshad, says:
Bismillaahir Rahmaanir Raheem
Your statement has been published by several newspapers a few days ago. You have attempted on behalf of Jamiatul Ulama Hind to vindicate the policies of King Abdullah. You have also proclaimed that this self-same stance is that of Darul Uloom Deoband and innumerable institutions affiliated to it. I have some questions for you. It shall be appreciated if you will respond to these questions via the medium of the newspapers.
(1) Your honourable father, Hadhrat Madani (rahmatullah alayh), had in his entire lifetime opposed and fought tooth and nail the foreign western powers at whose head at that time was the British occupier of Hindustan. Among these western powers (opposed by Hadhrat Madani) were France, Italy and Russia. He suffered the hardships of jails and exile. Today the Saudi regime basking in the lap of these foreign western powers is giving expression to their policies, in particular in the Arabian Peninsula, and in general in the World of Islam. Whether the agencies are the oil companies, security or intelligence outfits, they all operate under the direction of these western powers. Did you ever obtain the opportunity of reflecting on this?
(2) The Saudi regime has totally supported America in the mass killing of hundreds of thousands of Muslims in Afghanistan and Iraq by making available bases in the sacred Land of Hijaaz from which to launch these attacks. Are you aware of these enactments?
(3) The current institutions of the Saudi regime and its well-known religious personalities have branded all your Buzrugs (Ulama and Auliya of Deoband) as bid’atis and deviates. All the Sufiya according to the Saudis are greater deviates than even the Qaadianis. All the Ash’ari and Maturidi Ulama are bid’atis and deviates according to them. They say that the Hanafi Ulama have strayed from the correct path (maslak)
In M.A. and Phd thesis prepared for their universities, especially Medina university, Maulana Qasim Nanotwi, Maulana Rashid Ahmad Gangohi and Maulana Husain Ahmad Madani have been portrayed as bid’atis, deviates and even mushriks. They have portrayed the Deobandi School to be a deviate sect in the same way as Qadianism. The Saudi ustaad, Rabi’ Madkhali, has proclaimed all your Ulama, the Tablighi Jamaat and Deobandis as kaafir. The Saudi regime and the regime’s establishment ulama (i.e. the bootlicking and bootlegging scholars for dollars – The Majlis) are its patrons who authorize these thesis.
Talks are delivered in the Haramain against your Buzrugs. No Hanafi Aalim is allowed to teach Aqeedah in any Madrasah, leave alone him being appointed an Imaam in the Haram. Did you at any time adopt a public stance against all of this? Did you ever discuss these issues with the Department of Religious Affairs and the Chief Mufti? Did you ever have the opportunity to speak in the hall of Jaamiah Islamiyyah, or Jaamiah Ummul Qura or Jaamiah Muhammad Bin Saud? Are their beliefs and ideologies correct according to you?
(4) What has priority – material service to the Haramain Shareefain or service to the Deen? Are the hundreds of thousands of people who arrive there being educated about the Sunnah of Rasulullah (sallallahu alayhi wasallam)? Are they being given Deeni guidance? It is seen that numerous Deeni irregularities are committed by those arriving (for Hajj and Umrah). Is it not possible to prevent the chaotic intermingling of the sexes (in the Haramain Shareefain)? Are the rows of hotels in the vicinity of the Haramain not the enterprises of Yahudi and other non-Muslim companies? Are the TV channels not disgorging every kind of obscenity and filth? Is the regime unable to control this? In this scenario why is there no criticism for the Saudi regime in the media? But, there is much criticism reserved for Deeni institutions!
(5) In the Land of Hijaaz under control of the Saudi regime, has there not spread a net of riba banks, financial institutions and malls where total free intermingling of the sexes takes place? Is this not a capital crime against the objectives of the mission of Rasulullah (sallallahu alayhi wasallam)?
(6) Did Rasulullah (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) not issue this command:
“Expel the Yahood and Nasaara from the Arabian Peninsula!” ?
Is the Saudi regime practically implementing this command? Or has the Arabian Peninsula been handed over to America?
(7) Have you seen the secular universities – the one named after King Abdullah in Jeddah, and the one on the road of Madinah Munawwarah – where intermingling of the sexes prevails? Do you know that the Ulama of Saudi Arabia are highly displeased with these universities and many have severely criticized these institutions. Did you make an inspection of the other secular universities in the country?
(8) Besides the Ministry of Hajj and Religious Affairs, does any other ministry have any relationship with Islam and the Shariat? Are the ministries pertaining to finance, social affairs, sport, foreign affairs, internal affairs, etc. operating in accordance with the Kitaab and Sunnah?
(9) The Saudi regime has connived the destruction of Egypt’s Islamic Brotherhood government with its Islamic objectives, and towards this end it has expended billions of dollars, substituting the Islamically disposed government with a Zionist and Christian pro-Israeli government which is the enemy of Islam. Is this not a crime by you? If you lack awareness of this, did you not study the statement issued by 56 Saudi Ulama?
Did you not have the opportunity of reading Shaikh Salmaan Audah’s open letter to King Abdullah? Did you not listen to the talks of Shaikh Muhammad Al- Areefi? Did you perhaps not see the lectures of Shaikh Safar Al-Hawaali and Shaikh Aaidh Al-Qarni? Did you not hear about the talk of Shaikh Sahyani in Musjid Nabawi? Did you not have the opportunity of exchanging views on this subject with Shaikh Saud Ash-Shareem? If you are unaware of all these talks, request one of your students to present these lectures to you.
These are the most well-known and recognized Ulama in the Saudi kingdom. Their proclamation of the Truth is based on the fact that they are not Ulama on the payroll of the regime nor are they palace Ulama.(i.e. they are not scholars for dollars – The Majlis)
(10) Are you aware of the situation in the Land of Shaam (Syria)? Since two and a half years, the evil, oppressive and brutal Nusairi regime of Bashaar Asad – the enemy of Islam – has engineered a genocide in which 200,000 Muslims have been martyred, hundreds of thousands rendered homeless, 500,000 are languishing in relief camps in Turkey assisted by the government of Tayyib Erdogan, and large numbers have taken refuge in Lebanon, Jordan and Iraq.
But the criminal Saudi regime has closed its borders to the oppressed and brutalized women, the aged and the children who have been savaged by the Nusairi regime. Do you know all of this? Do you know that the Saudi regime has banned fund-raising for these unfortunate Muslim refugees? Are you aware of the fact that the Saudi Arabia is covertly aiding the Nusairi regime of Asad? At the same time the Saudi regime is supporting and aiding the secular forces in opposition to Asad’s regime.
This is the very same regime (i.e. the Saudi regime) which had given royal treatment and asylum to the vile, criminal, enemy of Islam, Bin Ali, the president of Tunisia. It is this so-called Islamic government (the Saudi regime) which is supporting Yemen’s notorious Ali Abdullah Saalih and the Shiahs of Yemen. If you have any doubt in this, then consult with Shaikh Abdul Majid Zandaani or any other neutral Aalim of Yemen. Please establish a contact with the Ulama of Yemen.
(11) In India thousands of young men have been imprisoned on trumped up false charges. You have made appreciable efforts in this direction (to secure their release). Are you unaware of the far greater numbers of innocent people whom the Saudi regime has imprisoned? Among these many thousands of incarcerated brethren are many well-known Ulama whose only ‘crime’ is their demand for reformation and their association with Islamic movements.
(12) Do you not know that the Saudi government is operating as the personal property of the family of Saud consisting of approximately seven thousand persons? They have usurped billions of dollars in ways untenable in the Shariah? Are you unaware of the fact that they have stashed up trillions of dollars in America, Britain and other European states? Only an infinitesimal amount in comparison to the billions they squander in the pursuit of sport and obscene luxuries is spent on the Haramain Shareefain.
(13) Have you seen the palace-life of the rulers and princes of the Saudi regime? Are you aware at all of the women’s clamour for western type liberation? Was the mission of the Last Nabi (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) in the Arabian Peninsula for this? According to you was the establishment of Yazeed’s regime better than the establishment of Hadhrat Husain (radhiyallahu anhu)? Are the acts of collusion with the intelligence agencies of the foreign enemies of Islam, the clandestine friendship with Israel and the patronage of the so-called Salafi ideology not among the crimes of the Saudi regime?
(14)When you have so fervently appealed for supporting the Saudi regime with heart and soul, did you not think of fear for Allah Ta’ala and the Aakhirat? Did you not think of following Rasulullah (sallallahu alayhi wasallam)? Did you not think of the Ulama’s attribute of Istighna (independence)? Did you not think of the proclamation of the Truth of your predecessors, of their fearlessness in Amr Bil Ma’roof Nahi anil Munakr and their methodology of clarity and speaking without ambiguity?
(15) Is your relationship and membership of the superficial Deeni institutions (run by the Saudi regime), your relationship with the Saudi embassies, the perks of Haj and Umrah and the political embrace (by the Saudi regime) more honourable to you than your Aqeedah, Maslak and relationship with your Buzrugs?
(16) Do the Asaatizah, Talaba (Students) and associates of Darul Uloom Deoband support your decrepit, un-Islamic and self-conceited stance? Are the ‘innumerable’ institutions associated with Darul Uloom Deoband on your side?
I invite you to conduct a referendum regarding these claims made by you. Let us see if after they are apprized of the aforementioned facts, if they are your supporters. Whenever you wish, have such a referendum in Deoband. You will then understand how many people are in support of your stance. Your supporters will be only the so-called Salafis who have no support whatsoever. Their trade commences from the Saudi regime who via their agents heap abuse on your Buzrugs, destroy their kitaabs and incite treachery against Jamiatul Ulama, Tabligh Jamaat, Deoband and the Ahnaaf. They dispatch their agents in your neighbourhoods to spread mischief and anarchy. They spread mischief from village to village. They have created rifts with separate Musjids.
But on the indication of their embassy you stand and support them. You attempt to conceal the criminal activities of the Saudi regime in the haze of their service to the Haramain Shareefain. Every honourable person of the subcontinent laments your stance. “I complain unto Allah Ta’ala, and Allah is The One from Whom help is sought.”
(End of Maulana Salman Nadwi’s dissertation)
QUR’AANIC WARNING FOR THE SCHOLARS FOR DOLLARS
Severely rebuking the scholars for dollars, the Qur’aan Hakeem states:
“Why do their scholars and their saints not prohibit them (their people) from their sinful statements, and their devouring of haraam. Indeed, vile is it that they are perpetrating.” (Aayat 63, Al-Maaidah)
“O People of Imaan (know that) verily, numerous among the scholars and the saints devour the wealth of people by baatil (in haram ways), and they prevent (people) from the Path of Allah).” (Aayat 34, At-Taubah)
There are many Ahaadith which severely castigate the scholars for dollars, warning them of the dire consequences of their treacherous conduct of selling the Deen and the Ummah for the miserable gains of the dunya and the nafs. Hubb-e-Maal (love for wealth) and Hubb-e-Jah (love for fame and aggrandizement) have destroyed these bootlicking and bootlegging scholars for dollars.
Our noble Sages have said that two groups in the Ummah have caused the greatest harm to Islam and Muslims: the evil ulama (the scholars for dollars) and the evil kings. These vile miscreants have colluded and connived in every age and every place to achieve their nafsaani objectives whilst committing spiritual suicide and ruining the Ummah in their satanic process of achieving their pernicious goals.
It is indeed lamentable in the extreme that the once uprighteous Jamiatul Ulama Hind devoted to the Cause of Islam and the Ummah, has fallen by the wayside and has today become a vehicle manipulated by bootlicking and bootlegging scholars for dollars pursuing their selfish, conceited haraam goals. It is for this reason that such a glaringly foul, oppressive and tyrannical regime as the Saudi regime, is being lauded for imagined service to the Ummah.
The Saudi regime, far from rendering service, has converted the Hajj Ibaadat into a despicable commercial enterprise to fill its coffers with illgotten gains extravasated from the Hujjaaj. Every wrung in the Saudi regime’s Hajj and Umrah institution stands for exploitation and humiliation of the Hujjaaj. The Ummah is not in need of the satanic destruction of the Holy Cities wrought by the Saudi regime bent on the elimination of every relic related to Rasulullah (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) and the Sahaabah.
While Maulana Arshad calls for praise and support for the brutal Saudi regime, he conveniently feigns ignorance regarding Rasulullah’s command on his deathbed:
“Expel the Yahood and Nasaara from Jazeeratul Arab!”
He should hang his head in shame! As Nabi (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) was departing from this ephemeral earthly abode, he emphasized the expulsion of all kuffaar from the sacred land of Hijaaz. Whilst this Command was upheld for almost fourteen centuries, the Saudi Najdis betrayed this trust and on a golden platter handed the Land of Hijaaz to the very Yahood and Nasaara who had been expelled in obedience to the Last Testament of Rasulullah (sallallahu alayhi wasallam).
Not only has the cowardly and brutal kaafir Saudi regime handed the Arabian Peninsula to the kuffaar – they have actively aided and abetted the destruction of Muslim lands from U.S. bases operating from Hijaz. The tyrants of the Saudi regime have also actively and diligently aided the evil and brutal U.S. rendition campaign in which countless Muslims were abducted, imprisoned and horrendously tortured. Yet Maulana Arshad calls on Muslims to embrace with love these Saudi butchers, torturers, murderers, rapists and plunderers of the Ummah and its lands.
The Saudi regime is in an evil, clandestine embrace with the Zionists of the humbug state of Israel. The Saudi regime has actively aided the destruction of the legitimate Egyptian government of the Muslim Brotherhood. The vile regime with its backyard U.S. puppet gulf states has contributed billions of dollars to sustain the current illegitimate Yahoodi force acting as the ‘government’ of Egypt.
The Saudi regime is directly instrumental in the incremental suffering of the stricken Muslims fleeing from the murderous Asad regime in Syria. Muslims in Saudi Arabia are banned from contributing money for aiding the suffering refugees. The kaafir Saudi regime conspires with the U.S. to aid the secular forces in Syria in the plot to prevent the establishment of Islam and its Shariah in the Land of Sham. Dollars and Riyals have blinded these scholars for dollars. The lure of money has effaced their spiritual vision, hence they fail to distinguish between their wives, daughters and mothers. All are up for sale to be pillaged and ravaged by the U.S. butchers. And, the Saudi regime plays a primary role in the enactment of U.S. horrors.
More than 40,000 Muslims, including innumerable Ulama, are languishing in the torture dungeons of the Saudi regime. Every move which the Saudi regime is nowadays making is at the behest of the U.S. The Shariah has been abrogated; virtue has been abolished; vice has been legalized. Amr Bil Ma’roof Nahy Anil Munkar has been effectively terminated. The Amr Bil Ma’roof Police force has been rendered an emaciated toothless dog unable to even bark. Zina has been given the nod of acceptance in the brothels of the regimes secular universities.
When tyranny, brutality, fisq, fujoor and even kufr have become the salient features of the Saudi regime, how is it possible for a man of Imaan to call on the Ummah to revere and idolize such villains? Maulana Arshad has undoubtedly, lost his Imaani bearings in the pursuit of the dollars and perks doled out via the Saudi embassy.