FIREWORKS – ARTEFACTS OF IBLEES
(By Hazrat Maulana Ahmad Sadeq Desai)
Is it permissible to sell fireworks? A Mufti says that there is ‘leeway’ for selling fireworks. He basis his ‘leeway’ on the fact that fireworks can be used for SOS flares. Is his argument valid? Please comment in detail.
How is it possible for any ‘leeway’ in a horrendously satanic haraam activity such as fireworks? A Muslim with healthy Imaan only has to follow Rasulullah’s command: “Seek a fatwa from your heart.”, and he will readily understand that there is absolutely no leeway for permissibility in buying, selling and playing with fireworks.
The factors which fireworks render haraam are glaringly conspicuous. It indeed boggles the mind that a Mufti is able to mislead the unwary and the ignorant by saying that there is ‘leeway’ in fireworks.
Among the factors of hurmat which render fireworks haraam beyond any vestige of doubt are:
1) Shaitaani Israaf. Who is the Muslim who fails to understand the villainy and notoriety of sending up in flames and bangs the ni’mat of wealth bestowed by Allah Ta’ala? Once Rasulullah (Sallallahu alayhi wasallam) said to Hadhrat Umar (Radhiyallahu anhu) that on the Day of Qiyaamah he will be questioned about even the dates he consume. Then Nabi-e-Kareem (Sallallahu alayhi wasallam) recited the Aayat: “And most certainly on that Day will you be questioned about the bounties (of Allah Ta’ala).”
Literally, fireworks is burning out the ni’mat of money, and this renders the destroyer and the ingrate the brother of Iblees as mentioned in the Qur’aan Majeed: “Do not be wasteful, for verily the wasters are the brothers of the shayaateen, and shaitaan unto his Rabb was ungrateful.” Thus, those who send their money to Jahannam via the medium of fireworks are just as ungrateful to Allah Ta’ala as Iblees.
2) Fireworks are purely Tashabbuh bil kuffaar. It is a satanic activity initiated by kuffaar – Hindu mushrikeen and Christian kuffaar. Imitating the kuffaar is a major sin and could even deliver one to the brink of kufr.
3) Aggravating the Tashabbuh is the fact that fireworks generally as observed by the ignorant masses are resorted to on the occasion of Diwaali, Guy Fawkes, and in India even on the glorious auspicious Night of Baraa’t.
4) The seller of fireworks is worse than the actual perpetrators, for he arranges brings together and prepares a whole community of juhala to indulge in this satanism. He needs to be impaled, executed and his corpse left on public display for days. He is the chief agent of shaitaan. He leads the ignorant and unwary servants of Allah Ta’ala along the pathway to Jahannam where he will see and suffer the real fireworks of Allah’s Athaab.
5) The time for this satanistic display is the night when Allah Ta’ala descends to the Fourth Samaa’ and calls out to His servants to seek His special mercy and forgiveness. At this auspicious time, the ignorant Muslims are worshipping Iblees with their firework-jahannami displays and indulgences. Rasulullah (Sallallahu alayhi wasallam) even forbade unnecessary conversation after Isha’. Allah Ta’ala has created the night primarily for rest, sleep and ibaadat. But the Mufti Sahib grants ignorant Muslims latitude and ‘leeway’ to indulge in shaitaaniyat during the holy moments of the night time.
6) Fireworks are not maal (tangible commodity) which could be merchandise for sale. The sale itself is baatil. The proceeds of fireworks are haraam. But the maajin (moron) muftis of this era in which jahl-e-murakkab (compound ignorance) preponderates, will dig out some obscurity to halaalize baatil.
7) Every year we have reports of injury to people and animals caused by the reckless shaitaaniyat of those intoxicated with satanism when they indulge in fireworks.
These are some reasons for the total and absolute prohibition of fireworks. It is indeed lamentable that an article has to be written to induce understanding of an issue whose prohibition to understand is as simple as the prohibition of riba, pork, liquor, gambling and all major sins.
May Allah Ta’ala remove the cobwebs from the brains of molvis who see ‘leeway’ in fireworks, alcohol, pictures of animate objects, carrion and the plethora of western sins which the maajin characters are halaalizing on the basis of such ta’weel which is absolutely baseless, stupid and ludicrous.
Thus, the SOS ‘daleel’ is pure, silly rubbish by which the mufti advertises his jahaalat. Every moron knows that the millions of rands of fireworks of a great variety are not for SOS purposes. How can a mufti acquit himself so stupidly to disgorge the SOS trash to explain the varieties of haraam fireworks with which adults and children play and burn in the streets on Diwali and Christmas occasions? Indeed the brains have become vermiculated by shaitaani manipulation.
SOS flares are rare episodes occurring in mid-ocean where no soul exists and no one is aware of. When mention is made of ‘fireworks’ every jaahil understands that the reference is not to SOS flares, but to the artefacts of Iblees for Diwali and Guy Fawkes and similar other kuffaar occasions.